Saturday, March 24, 2018

Homemade Coffee Creamer


Coffee is a staple in my life.  There is just something so satisfying about that first sip of a good cup coffee in the morning that makes everything so much better.  It can be even better when no one is awake yet and I get to enjoy it in peace and quite.  Haha.  It can be an elixir to some, me being one of them.  I am not a crazy coffee person, and I don't drink 27,000 cups a day, but I do enjoy a really good cup in the morning and during the warmer months, iced coffee is my favorite.

I will admit that I am a Dunkin Donut lover and that is a bad thing at time.  Especially when they have so many flavors out, like Girl Scout Flavors!!  Oh the humanity!! 


Part of what I love about coffee is the different flavors that you can get.  Not only in the coffee blend itself, but the coffee creamer as well.  I love that there are so many different flavors to choose from, seasonal flavors to classic.

I use to use Keurig cups, but to cut down on waste and save money I stopped using them and switched to reusable coffee pods.  I also have a standard coffee pot I use to make large pots of coffee, especially on the weekend, when both my husband and I are home.  This also helps when I am wishing for iced coffee and can use what's left in the pot after my morning cup. 

My hubby is a fan of his coffee being Maxwell House, with two sugars and half and half.  Very plain and borning I know, but I still love him.  He is not a flavored coffee drinker and he sure as heck is not a flavored coffee creamer drinker.  So, that being said I have a small stash of flavored coffee that I keep on hand, but found that flavored coffee creamer is more my style.

Also, by using coffee creamer I'm not using as much sugar in my diet.  When using the creamer I don't use any sugar at all!  See little things help to make big difference.

With the vast amount of coffee creamers out there, how could you not fall in love.  From French Vanilla to Peppermint Mocha, from Salted Caramel to Butter Pecan to name only a few.  Oh the choices are endless.

However, the thing I was not super fond of was how with some of these creamers, you had to use so much just to taste the flavor!  This was a huge bummer for me!

Now, as many of you know if you follow me on Instagram at stacissweettreats or on Facebook at Staci's Sweet Treats you know that I am a lover of homemade things, so it should be no surprise that this would be no exception. 

So to the internet I went on the hunt for homemade coffee creamer.  I was amazed at how many hits I got from this simple search. By far the best site I found was Mrs. Happy Homemaker.  This site not only had the recipe to make the base of the coffee creamer, but a TON of different flavor recipes!!

I was totally blown away by the variety and the simplicity of the recipe.

After looking over Mrs. Happy Homemaker site, I decided to look and see what ingredients I had on hand and what flavor I could make.  I knew I had sweetened condensed milk, as I use it to make homemade Bailey's (you can find the recipe here) I also knew that I had half and half since it is a staple in my hubby's coffee.  The only thing I was unsure of was what flavors I had on hand to make.

I knew I could make a simple vanilla flavor, but I was looking for something with a bit more flare.  Upon looking through my pantry, I found that I had raspberry flavoring and I found Hershey's Syrup in the fridge and JACKPOT I was in business.  Chocolate raspberry coffee creamer!!

Oh I was in heaven over this.  I was so excited to get started.  Following the simple directions from Mrs. Happy Homemaker I was able to make a super yummy coffee creamer.

Now, please go visit her site and get all the good yummy recipes that she has, but I will tell you how I made the Chocolate Raspberry.

Here is what you need:
1 3/4 cup Half and Half (you can use milk, but I love the creamy taste of half and half)
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (I used Eagle Brand)
3 Tablespoons Hershey's Syrup
3 Teaspoons of Raspberry Flavoring

Mix all together and pour in a container.  All I had on hand was a quart size mason jar, but feel free to use what ever you have on hand. 


This creamer will last as long as the expiration date on the half and half or milk that you used, but I can tell you from my experience it did not last nearly as long.  It was that good!!


This creamer was not only amazing in my morning coffee, but was fantastic in iced coffee and hot chocolate as well. 





Oh the possibilities are endless!! 

I have also made a Chocolate Almond flavor as well, using all the same ingredients as above, but substituting Almond Extract for the Raspberry.  This was still amazing, but I will admit that I like the raspberry better. 


I am going to be trying a chocolate caramel soon and even a few Girl Scout flavors too. 

I truly love that there are so many flavors to choose from and a little goes a long way.

Thank you to Mrs. Happy Homemaker on sharing her recipe.


Remember there is no limit to the flavors that you can make, so let you imagination run wild. 

Happy Mixing and ENJOY!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home