Thursday, May 21, 2015

Mini Cherry Pies



For any of you who have read my blog with regards to the cherry pie bites, you are going to LOVE this.  These Mini Cherry Pies are awesome and soooo very easy to make.

With Picnic Season right around the corner I am always looking for fun new ways to try and spice up some old favorites.  Now don't get me wrong, the classics are still great, but sometimes everyone needs a change.  This is just one example.

I experimented with these a little while back and I was really happy with the results.  I am not a huge fan of Cherry, but every once in a while I get a craving and I just have to have some.  This takes care of that.  Also, my nephew is a HUGE fan of them, so it is worth it in the end.

My amazing hubby got me a ravioli maker a little while back and I was dying to try it out.  I did not have all the ingredients to make ravioli, but that never stops me.  I decided that I would improvise and figure out what I could make with what I had on hand.  That is when I decided to make pie!

With just a few ingredients on hand and a few recipes as well, I decided to combine them up and make something new.  Using ingredients from my apple pie pockets and the cherry pie bites, I made these babies!!

These are a simple, yet delicious little piece of pie that anyone can enjoy; and by all means, don't just stop at Cherry.  These would be great with apple, peach, blueberry.  The possibilities are endless!!!!

Here is what you need:





One package of Puff Pastry
One can of Cherry Pie filling
Ravioli Maker
Rolling pin
Raw Sugar

Follow the directions on the Puff Pastry as to thawing.  Then gently unfold the pastry on to a generously floured board and roll out just a bit.  You just want to make sure that the pastry is not to thick.

Cut the pastry in thirds length wise using either a knife or a pizza cutter.  Then using the ravioli maker, gently place one piece of pastry on the maker and using the indent maker, push down on the pastry to create the wells in the pastry.






Using a small spoon, fill each well with pie filling and brush with an egg wash to create a seal.



Next, lay another piece of pastry over top of the filled wells, and gently using the rolling pin roll over the ravioli maker to create sealed pockets.  Make sure to go over the pastry a few times, not only to seal them up, but also to cut each pocket.  Remove the excess pastry around the sides of the maker.



Gently flip the filled pastry over to extract them from the ravioli maker.






Place the filled pastry on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, and cut a small slit in the top of each one for venting.  Sprinkle each with Raw Sugar and refrigerate for 10 minutes.


After the 10 minutes are up, remove from fridge and bake in a 375 degree F oven for 14 -16 minutes.  Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.


These are a great little treat that anyone will enjoy!

Happy Baking and ENJOY!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home