Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Overnight Cinnamon Rolls


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME!!!

One year ago today, January 20th I started my journey with blogging.  I must admit that I don't think I would ever have tried it if my friends had not encouraged me to do it.  I am really great full that they did.  It has been sooooooo much fun to not only try some new recipes, but some of the stories that I have to go with them make them all the better.



I am great full to my husband and kids who are always willing to try something that I make and even for all of my husbands co-workers who have become some of my favorite ginney pigs, you guys are the best.  I can always look to them for honest answers and even some new suggestions along the way.

This new year is going to be a great one!!  I have some new ideas on the brain, and some old favorites that I truly can't wait to share with all of you.  I am hoping to try and make something at least once a week and be able to share.  So on that note, here is the first of many I hope you get to try in 2015!!

I am not going to lie to you to, Monday mornings are hard, and Monday mornings in January are even harder.  So I decided to try and make this Monday morning a little bit easier, and what better way to do that than with a warm, sweet, delicious breakfast.  Trying to get myself and three kids up and out the door is not an easy project, and breakfast becomes one of those things we all fight about.  So Sunday night I decided that I would make overnight cinnamon rolls.

I have made this recipe a few times and I have found out that, not only is it an easy recipe, but it is a really tasty one too.   I like this recipe, because if you want, you can make it that day, or as I like to do, I make it the night before, stick it in the fridge and then bake them in the morning.  Soooooooo easy.

I made these cinnamon rolls on Monday and I can tell you that by this morning they were all gone!!  I know that when my girls wake up and fine out the Daddy and MoMo ate the last few, they are not going to be happy.  It does however make me happy to know that they liked them so much that there is none left.

I hope that you like them as much as we do.  So on that note, let's get started.

Here is what you need:
1 cup milk
1/3 cup unsalted butter
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
4 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Heat the milk in a small sauce pan until small bubbles appear.  Then remove from heat and add the butter.  Mix until melted and allow to cool until the mixture is lukewarm.

In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in the milk mixture.

Add the sugar, salt and eggs and mix until combined.  Next add 3 cups of flour and stir together.  Add the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well in between each addition.  When the dough begins to pull away from the sides, turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead until a nice smooth dough forms, about 8 minutes.

Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp cloth.  Place in a warm place and allow to rise for 1 hour.

After 1 hour, punch the dough down and turn onto a lightly floured board.  Roll into a 10x14 inch rectangle.
Brush the entire surface with melted butter.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the entire surface.  Then sprinkle the raisins over the cinnamon and sugar mix.  This step is optional, but it really is good. 

Roll the rectangle up into a log making sure to roll it as tight as possible.
Cut the log into 16 equal pieces, and place the pieces into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
Now, if you want, you can bake them right now; or if you are like me, cover them with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.

The next morning, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and remove the cinnamon rolls from the fridge and allow to warm to room temperature for about 30 minutes.

Bake the rolls for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. 
For the icing, I simply mixed about 1 cup of powder sugar and about 3 Tablespoons of milk together and while the rolls are still hot, pour the mix over the rolls.

Serve these wonderful rolls warm.  IF you happen to have any left over, store in an air tight container and reheat in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.

These are always a big hit at my house and I hope they will be for you as well.

Happy Baking and ENJOY!!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home