Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Artisan Cooking Supply Silicone Baking Mat



Okay so I was given another great opportunity to try another great product.  This time it was the Artisan Cooking Supply Silicone Baking Mat.

As someone who loves to bake, this was something that I was very interested in try out.  I bake quite often, so I will tend to use a lot of parchment paper.  Even though I like using the parchment paper after awhile, the cost adds up with the amount I go through.



Then I found silicone baking mats!!

I was super excited, less expensive then parchment paper over time and easy clean up, or so I thought.

There were some down falls to using the baking mats, one was size.  Not all baking mats are fitted for standard size cookie sheets.  I know that the two that I had were rather small and did not cover my cookie sheets all that well.  The other issue I noticed with my old ones were that when I cleaned them, I would sometimes have a residue left on the baking mat.  I did not notice the residue on the cookies, but still it was there.  It was frustrating.

When I saw these baking mats from Artisan, I was intrigued and knew that I had to give it a try.  I will admit that I was skeptical and proceeded with caution.

The first thing I noticed was that this mat was much bigger than my other mats.  It was also a lot thinner.  I liked that.  I also noticed that it had grid lines on it.  I thought that this would come in handy for more complex baking and made a mental note to try this out later.

My kids were excited to help me try out the new baking mat (for them it meant a fresh batch of cookies)!  So as we were getting ready to bake them off, my one daughter noticed the little "Love" hearts on the mat.  I told her to make sure that there was one cookie on each heart.  I thought to myself what a wonderful way to teach kids about making sure that things are spaced out equally for proper baking. 


So into the oven went our sweet cookies and after allowing them to cook for the desired amount of time, the result was awesome!  Perfectly baked cookies the were golden brown around the edges and the bottom!!



I did not notice any residue on the bottom of the cookies, and when I washed the baking mat.......it washed so cleanly and there was no residue on the mat either!!  My cookies did not discolor the mat like some do and with it being thinner than some other silicone mats, my cookies were perfectly cooked!!

I was sooooooo excited.  I only got one mat, but I can tell you that I am totally going to get more of these!!  This has now become my go to baking mat for all my cookie and baking creating, and with the holidays just around the corner, you know that they will get used a lot!!

You have got to give this Artisan Cooking Supply Silicone Baking Mat a try!!


Happy Baking and ENJOY!!

Disclaimer:   I was given this product to try in response for an honest review for the company!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home