Saturday, August 2, 2014

Zucchini and Veggie Pancakes


I know that this is not a "sweet" recipe, but I just had to share these with you.  These were a really good find that I hope you will enjoy.

So as I was preparing to make my zucchini cookies, I realized that I was going to have quite a bit of left over shredded zucchini.  This could not happen.  I needed to find something to do with the remaining zucchini and I needed to find it fast.  I was originally thinking about making zucchini bread, but was not sure, needless to say when I told my husband this he said that he loves zucchini bread; so I will be making some, but that it for another post.

I went searching the web to see what was out there to make with shredded zucchini and came across this recipe.  It looked interesting enough, but seemed to be sort of bland on spice and flavor, so I do what I almost always do, I improvised! 

This is by far one of my favorite things to do when it comes to cooking.  I love to take a recipe and sort of make it my own, by either adding or taking away things.  This recipe is one of those where I added, and added a lot.  Remember if you are going to change a recipe, you need to mark down what you did so you remember for the next time.

These pancakes are a great way to not only use up left over zucchini, but also any left over veggies that you might have laying around.  My kids even liked them drizzled with a little bit of honey to make them sweet. 

So let's get started.

Here is what you need:
2 cups shredded zucchini
2 eggs, beaten
1 small chopped onion
1 chopped bell pepper (any color, I used a Red one)
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup flour
1/2 grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Remember any veggies will work in the recipe, these are the ones that I just happened to have in my fridge at the time.

In a medium bowl, mix all of the above ingredients together.  Stir well to combine everything and evenly distribute all the ingredients.  The batter will be a bit liquidy, but that is okay.



Heat a small amount of oil (I used extra virgin olive oil) in a pan over medium-high heat.  Drop the zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side.  Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels to remove any excess oil.



These pancakes were absolutely amazing.  I totally loved the crunch and flavor from all the veggies.  I served these as a side dish at dinner and everyone loved them. 

Happy Cooking and ENJOY!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home