Thursday, July 17, 2014

Fudgy Brownie with Warm Raspberry Sauce


If there is one thing that I love, it is brownies.  I am a brownie nut.  I love to try different ways to make them and different varies of topping, additives, and flavors.   My family loves when I do this as well.  They love when I tell them that they get to be my taste testers.  I usually try to make a different type of brownie when I go to a family picnic or gathering.  It is a perfect treat for kids and grown ups alike. 

Over the next few blog posts I am going to share two of my favorite brownie recipes.  One is a favorite of mine for a few years now and the other is a new found favorite that I have recently fell in love with.  Both are a great deserts to share and I hope that you will love them just as much as I do. 

So let's get started.

Brownie #1

This is a fudgy cake like brownie that is made from scratch and finished off with a warm raspberry sauce. 

I have to admit that this is one of my favorite date night desserts.  There is just something about this brownie that is best shared between two people.  Now, in a house with 3 kids, date nights are few and far between, but still we did manage to share this dessert.

I love this brownie and it is a very easy brownie to make from scratch.  I was nervous when I first made this, thinking that I could never make a brownie from scratch and have it come out good.  Well, I was dead wrong.  Making brownies from scratch are super easy and they taste so much better then boxed. 

Here is what you need
Brownie:
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 sticks of melted unsalted butter
1/2 cups cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoons salt
3 eggs

Raspberry sauce:
3 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/3 cup water
1 10oz package frozen raspberries thawed

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8 inch square or 9 in round pan. 
Mix together the sugar, flour, butter, cocoa, vanilla, salt and eggs in a medium bowl using either a wooden spoon or wire whisk.  Once all the ingredients are mixed together, pour into the greased pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. 



While the cake is baking you can prepare the Raspberry sauce.  In a small 1 quart sauce pan, mix the sugar and cornstarch together.  Add the water and raspberries and cook over medium heat stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and begins to boil.  Continue to boil for 1 minute. stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.  Now you can either strain out the seeds or you can leave them in.  This step is totally up to you.  I know that my husband likes the seeds, so I leave them in, but if you don't, just take the sauce and strain through a strainer to remove any seeds. 



Once the brownie is cool you can serve with the sauce either warm or at room temperature.  Once again my family likes the sauce warm, but it is up to you. 

This is a perfect after dinner dessert that I hope you will come to love as much as I do.

Happy Baking and ENJOY!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home