Monday, January 20, 2014

Homemade Dryer Sheets


2014 brings with it a lot of changes, and like most people it also brings with it a time for financial change as well.  As 2014 approached my husband and I looked into different ways to help stretch the family budget.  We began to search the web looking for some simple ways to make different things last longer or that we could make at home rather than buy in the store.  One thing I looked further into was something that I had seen on Facebook.  As a mother of 3 kids, laundry is something that is quite abundant in my house.  The amount of detergent and fabric softener sheets that I go through is CRAZY!  I saw how you could make your own fabric softener sheets and this immediately got my attention.  Now before I get into this let me tell you and I am one of those people who has to try things a few times before I am willing to go telling everyone I know how good or bad it is; and that is exactly what I have done here.  For the past 3 weeks or so, I have been using these homemade fabric softener sheets and no one has noticed a difference.  My family’s clothes are soft, smell great, and are static free.  So now I am going to share this with you.  Here is what you are going to need.

1 Tupperware container (I got mine at the Dollar Store)

1 4-pack of sponges (Again the Dollar Store)

Your favorite Fabric Softener

Water (I just used the water from my tap)

All you need to do is cut the sponges in half giving you eight small sponges.  Then mix 2 parts water with 1 part fabric softener in the Tupperware container.  Now add the cut sponges to the water mix and let them soak in.  I let mine sit for a good day.  When you are ready to dry your clothes, simply take one of the sponges, wring out some of the excess water and toss into your dryer.  Add your wet clothes and dry as usual.  Once the clothes are done simply take the dry sponge and place it back into the water mix for next time.

I use multicolored sponges so that I make sure that I use a different sponge for each load since I usually do more than one load in a day.

Like I said I have been using these for about 3 weeks now, and I am just noticing that the water level in my Tupperware container is FINALLY starting to go down.  This is a great money saving idea that I think you are really going to love.  Give it a try and let me know what you think. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home