Monday, February 3, 2014

French Vanilla Fruit Smoothie

    
My 9 year old daughter is very active.  She is a competitive triathlete (you know when they swim, bike and then run).  She is all about staying active and fit as well.  Right now we are in the middle of winter swim, but as soon as the weather breaks, so starts her training for running and biking.  Because of this, my activity level increases as well.  Keep in mind she is 9, so she does nothing by herself.  Now, I may not run as well as she does, but power walking is becoming a new favorite of mine; so has dusting off my old bike and going for rides with her.  I have to admit if nothing else, I have started to get back into shape because of her.  Thanks Bean, I owe you one!!

She is now doing a planking challenge started by her swim coach (if you don't know what this is, I suggest you check out YouTube.  You will be amazed!) for all of the swimmers (and their parents).  So, being the good parent that I am I have decided to give it a try.  I am sure I will be dead by the end of the challenge, but for the love of my kids I am doing this.  First day of the challenge and my 9 year old kicked my butt, not to mention that my 7 year old did too; but I did it and I feel pretty good. 

So with this challenge comes the challenge for me as a mom to make sure that my kids are getting enough in the way of protein when working out.  After much discussion with my kids on what we could do and what would taste good, we came up with SMOOTHIES!!!!

Oh my the possibilities are ENDLESS when it comes to smoothies.  Each day I am letting the kids pick something different to try, but this one is a tried and true favorite of ours that makes a great snack or even a quick breakfast on the go.

Here is what you need:

1 package Carnation French Vanilla Instant Breakfast
1 cup of frozen fruit (We like the Dole Ready Cut Fruit Strawberry, Peach, Banana)
1 Tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter
2 Tablespoons of Greek Vanilla yogurt
1 Cup of Milk

Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.

Happy Planking and ENJOY!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home