Wednesday, July 23, 2014

No Bake Cookies




Cookies are a staple in my house.  With three kids, there is always some type of cookie to be found.  From basic butter, to sandwich, to chocolate chip and oatmeal butterscotch, my house is never without cookies.  I love to make all different kinds, and whenever I can I love to experiment with new ways to make them as well.

My husband is probably one of the biggest consumers of cookies in our house hold.  He is known for waking up sometime during the night and sneaking some from the cookie jar.  He always makes me laugh, because he will tell me how awful they are and that he should eat them, so no one has to suffer.  Yeah right!  Like anyone is going to buy that line, but at least I know that he likes them and that what ever I did for that particular cookie I should definitely do again.

He is not a picky person when it comes to cookies either.  My kids all have their favorite, and when I ask which ones I should make, they usually all yell out at once, with three different answers, but my hubby, he doesn't care as long as I make one.  So I thought that I would treat him to HIS favorite kind of cookie and surprise him when he got home from work.

So as I began to gather up the ingredients that I need for these cookies, I kept sending him pictures of each and I asked him if he could guess what I was making.  Needless to say, by the time I got all the ingredients out, he knew exactly what I was making and was super excited that I was making them.

No bake cookies to me are a simple yet very yummy cookie.  There are only 7 simple ingredients that you can easily find in your pantry.  They take no time at all to make and once cooled they are a great snack.  My husband must have eaten a half dozen when he got home from work that night he was so excited.  I have to tell you though, these are the type of cookie that once you start to make, you cannot walk away from.  Cooking time is important and once completed they cool very fast, so you have to work fast. 

Okay.  Here is what you need.



1/2 cup Cocoa
1/2 cup Milk
2 cups Sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
3 cups Quick Cooking Oats
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a large sauce pot, mix the cocoa, milk, sugar and butter and bring to a boil.  Next mix in the oats, peanut butter and vanilla and mix until well combined.  Remove from heat and drop by Tablespoons onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.  This mixture will cool quickly, so remember to work fast.  Allow the cookies to cool completely and then place in air tight container to store. 





They may not be the most perfect looking round cookies, but to my husband, these are the best cookies out there.

Happy Baking and ENJOY!!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home